Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Traveling Through The Desert Again

Saturday: December 11, 2010

Am I still in Egypt? I’m looking outside my window here in Hurghada in Eastern Egypt and I can’t believe my eyes. Our hotel, the Hurghada Continental Resort, is located directly on the Red Sea…very cool, but not very red. It doesn’t feel like we are in Egypt since it is such a resort/tourist area, but I don’t have a problem with that.

We left the beautiful city of Luxor around 10:30 this morning and got in a bus to drive to Hurghada. It was a 4-hour drive through the desert, but this time we didn’t drive in a caravan as we did for the drive to Abu Simbel. I’m not going to lie, I felt uncomfortable driving through the desert by ourselves, especially when the driver was going a little too fast around the numerous curves in the road for my liking. Either way, we made it to Hurghada around 4:30pm safely and checked into our hotel on the beach. It has everything you could ask for at a resort. After I got settled, I went down to Melanie’s room and we took a walk on the beach. Sure, it is December, but it doesn’t feel like it here in Egypt. Afterwards, there was a buffet dinner at the hotel with a pasta station! Woo! It is going to be nice to relax after a week and a half of continuous sightseeing.

Time to start a book on the beach tomorrow! See ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment