Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sharm El-Sheikh: You are in our hearts, always in our hearts

Thursday: December 16, 2010

Another beautiful day in Sharm El-Sheikh! Sunny, warm, and relaxing...what more can I ask for? Tonight is the last night we will be in this great resort town and I'm returning to Naama Bay for dinner and shopping. Tomorrow morning (10:30am) we will be heading to St. Catherine for a quick stay. At St. Catherine, we will wake up at 2am and climb Mt. Sinai...I'm very excited.

Update (11:16 Egypt Time)


Instead of heading back to Naama Bay for the second night in a row, we ate dinner at the hotel (I had some stir fry chicken--we'll see if my stomach likes this) and took a taxi to the Old Market "Old Sharm." It was not as modern as Naama Bay and felt more like the Luxor Market. I bought a few things and haggled for each of them. It was sort of run down, actually. It cost 25 pounds for all of us in the taxi to get there and another 25 pounds to return to the hotel. When I got back to the hotel, I got the new password for the free internet (it changes every night) and hopped on.

----

I doubt there will be free internet there, so I'll probably see you all next time in Cairo on Saturday. Keep those comments coming! I want to answer your questions!

3 comments:

  1. Some questions as you go to Mt. Sinai: Is it considered a holy site, and by whom? How is it maintained as one? Who determined that the place you are going to is, in fact, the Mt. Sinai? How did they determine that? Any archaeological evidence? Will you just go to the base of the mountain, or will you be climbing up? Will you be going to the actual spot that Moses stood? Will you take have to take off your shoes?

    You know at high altitudes you can get a headache. If you get one while you're up there, just take two tablets...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was Sharem El-Sheikh as peaceful and beautiful as portrayed in the song?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How was your hike up and down the Apparitional Trail? How long did it take? Was the pathway lighted by faux burning bushes? Too bad you didn't bring a Ouija Board with you, maybe you could have made contact with the Mr. M himself.

    ReplyDelete